5/5 rating on Google
What Are the Things That You Need to Know after a Divorce?
Divorce is often the most stressful event in your life. When the process is finished, you may feel devoid of energy, and even depressed. When this happens it is important to get help and not to wait.
Here are some useful suggestions:
- Talk to a trusted listener: The emotional effects of a divorce can continue long after your marriage is dissolved. Find a close friend or family member, someone who listens well. D your feelings bottled up. You should also choose someone who you believe can offer you sound divorce advice.
- Move on: Now that your divorce is over your task is to focus on rebuilding your life. Don’t dwell on the past. Focus on the future. Making a list of goals and aspirations can help.
- Find professional help: You may wish to talk to a counseling professional for help in the aftermath of your Divorce in Westchester County. A psychiatrist or psychologist can help you find closure and a path forward.
- Keep a journal: Many times your best friend really is yourself. By keeping a journal you can express your feelings privately. Studies have demonstrated that journals can provide great therapy for people who are recovering from emotional trauma.
Your spouse and Legal Responsibilities
You will commonly have legal responsibilities after your divorce is finalized. An experienced Westchester County divorce law firm can make sure that you know the legal ties that still bind you to your spouse.
These are the legal responsibilities that may continue after a divorce:
- Child support
- Spousal Maintenance
- Maintaining an agreeable access schedule for each parent to spend time with the children
- Unsecured debt
Contact the divorce lawyers of Gaudio Law, P.C. today to talk about any mediation questions you may have. We work primarily with clients in Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Rockland, Bronx, and New York counties. Call us at 914-514-8100 or use the Quick Contact form on this page.